With the first day of fall, I thought we could celebrate it with this beautiful, juicy cake.
Calming time of the year is coming, remember to honor it.
It’s time to calm down, stop rushing. Take some time every day to respect the phase we’re in – all until the spring comes again.
I invite you to celebrate this beautiful day by thinking about the cycle Mother Nature is going through, every year. Just as we go through our cycle every month. This is Her luteal phase.
So use it for a big let go. Clean up. Celebrate.
And remember to be grateful for all you’ve received through the year so far.
Apple almond cake is a beautiful way to celebrate gifts of Mother Nature, while nourishing yourself. Make it with your loved ones, create a ritual out of baking it.
And when it’s done, take a minute to just smell it. Close your eyes and smell it. Let the smell take you on the journey.
Apple almond cake is:
– Perfect to catch up with your loved ones, with a cup of coffee or tea
I love creating these recipes for you guys, to show you how amazing health must feel. If it’s not making you happy, if it doesn’t warm up your heart – it’s not your version of health. And each of us is free to create our own version of health, which is something I’m very passionate about (and talk a lot about in Self-love. Period.)
That’s how loving nutrition works – you create your own balance.
So let this gorgeous cake accompany you on your journey of self-love, by adding some fall flavor to your loving nutrition.
WHY YOU SHOULD TRY IT:
– Apples: fiber, vitamin C, potassium, antioxidants
– Honey: a bit of minerals + vitamins, phenolic acid & flavonoids, enzymes
– Whole grain spelt flour: fiber, magnesium, B vitamins, zinc, iron, phosphorus
– Cinnamon: antioxidants, manganese, calcium, iron, several more vitamins + minerals & fiber
– Butter: vitamins A, D, E, K, B12
– Almonds: healthy fats, vitamin E, folate, calcium, magnesium, potassium, manganese & phosphorus
– Eggs: vitamin A, folate, pantothenic acid, vitamin B2, B12, phosphorus, selenium, Vitamin E, D, K & B6, zinc & the best protein
APPLE ALMOND CAKE
Perfect cake to welcome fall
- 3-4 Apples
- Lemon juice
- 225 g (ca 2 cups) Whole grain Spelt flour
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1-2 tsp Cinnamon
- 80 g (2/3 cup) Ground almonds
- 185 g (3/4 + 1tbsp) Butter room temperature
- 3 Eggs room temperature
- 100 g (1/2cup) Whole cane sugar or coconut sugar
- 160 g (3/5cup) Greek yogurt full fat
- Almond flakes to sprinkle
Peel the apples, cut them in quarters, remove the seeds and cut into them a little lines, ca. 0.5cm deep. Cover them with lemon juice, to prevent browning.
Preheat the oven at 170C (340F).
In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and ground almonds.
In another bowl, combine butter and eggs with a hand mixer. Slowly add sugar, combine. Slowly add greek yogurt and combine well.
When it's well combine, slowly add flour mixture to the wet ingredients. Mix them with a spoon, carefully. Slowly mix until combined.
Pour the mixture in a parchment paper lined cake form. Smooth it out and add apples, lightly press them in.
After ca 30mins, take the cake, sprinkle it with almond flakes quickly, and put it back in the oven.
Bake ca 40-50mins, depending on the oven. Check if it's done with a toothpick. If it comes out clean, it's done.
When you take the cake out, pour few tsp of honey over it, covering each apple.
Let it cool down before serving.