Apple season is starting and I’m here for it!
These soft, beautiful apple cookies are perfect for fall afternoons with your family. Maybe while doing a puzzle together. At least that’s how we enjoy them the most – with play.
They are easy to make and don’t make a lot of mess, which is always a good thing. Especially since you can include children in the baking process, they’re gonna love it.
Apple coconut cookies,
– All those autumn vibes
– Soft on the inside
– Smell perfectly
– A wonderful way to spend time with your loved ones
I’m really in love with all the apple creations, and apples themselves – they are a big part of fall, with their beautiful colors. And, oh the foods we can make out of them!
If you want more apple inspo, here are some recipes:
– Apple almond cake
– Buckwheat apple cake
– Stewed apples
– Apple carrot baked oatmeal
– Chia apple energy bars
Now you can make a whole theme out of the apple season! 🙂
WHY YOU SHOULD TRY IT:
– Apples: fiber, vitamin C, potassium, antioxidants
– Honey: a bit of minerals + vitamins, phenolic acid & flavonoids, enzymes
– Whole grain spelt flour: fiber, magnesium, B vitamins, zinc, iron, phosphorus
– Cinnamon: antioxidants, manganese, calcium, iron, several more vitamins + minerals & fiber
– Butter: vitamins A, D, E, K, B12
– Eggs: vitamin A, folate, pantothenic acid, vitamin B2, B12, phosphorus, selenium, Vitamin E, D, K & B6, zinc & the best protein
– Coconut: MTC fats, magnesium, potassium, vitamin E
APPLE COCONUT COOKIES
Soft cookies to celebrate fall
- 1-2 Apples 1 large or 2 medium
- 200 g (1 3/4 cup) Whole grain spelt flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 70 g (1 cup) Shredded coconut
- 60 g (1/4 cup) Raisins
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 80 g (1/3 cup) Butter room temperature
- 100 g (1/4 cup + 1tbsp) Honey
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- Shredded coconut to sprinkle
Preheat the oven at 170C (340F).
Peel the apples and cube them.
In a bowl, combine dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, cinnamon, shredded coconut and raisins
In another bowl, combine wet ingredients using a handmixer: butter, honey, eggs and vanila extract.
Slowly, add dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Combine carefully.
When well combined, add cubes apples to the mixture.
Using a spoon, form cookies and line them on a parchment lined baking sheet. Sprinkle them with shredded coconut.
Bake for about 20mins, till they are nicely golden.
Let them cool down and enjoy!