You know I avoid writing long recipe introductions because I understand you come here for a recipe, not for my life story haha.
So let’s just talk what you need to know.
Creamy tomato sauce with spaghetti is perfect go-to when you have like 3 mins to feed a hungry family. You know, when you’re all becoming HANGRY and you need something amazing and quick. This is it.
Creamy tomato sauce with spaghetti is:
– crazy simple & quick
– family friendly
Tomato sauce will give you beta-carotene & loads of lycopene, vitamin K, potassium, manganese & fiber. Awesome!
However, what makes this sauce so deliciously creamy is heavy cream. Because heavy cream makes everything feel like a luxury. This is so because of it’s fat content – fat carries taste. It also carries A, D, E and K vitamins, most of which are contained in this recipe, which makes it perfect addition! In fact, heavy cream alone contains all 4 of these vitamins, as well as B12 which is super important, and other B vitamins.
It so happens that B vitamins are incredibly important for healthy hormones, so this humble meal is gonna support your hormon happiness!
P.S. If you’re interested in nurturing your hormones, sign up here for Hormone loving challenge.
It’s fat is mostly the saturated kind, but don’t let this alarm you – you know we’re all about food freedom here. Also, body needs saturated fats too. And they’re delicious. Win win win!
Heavy cream is also a source of several minerals.
Whole grains in the pasta will boost your vitamin B intake, as well as fiber, iron, phosphorus, copper & magnesium.
Also, you can use the same tomato sauce recipe to cook chicken in it – it’s amazing. You can cut the chicken in pieces, cook it in it and pour over pasta. It’s your recipe, use it as it suits you.
WHY YOU SHOULD TRY IT:
– Whole grain spelt flour: fiber, iron, phosphorus, copper, magnesium, essential amino acids & healthy fatty acids
– Tomatoes: lycopene, vitamins C + K, folate, potassium, beta carotene & flavonoids.
– Olive oil: vitamin E, healthy fats
– Heavy cream: B vitamins, fats, A, D, E, K vitamins, several minerals
– Garlic: allicin, antioxidants, vitamin C, vitamin B6, selenium, manganese
CREAMY TOMATO SAUCE WITH SPAGHETTI
Perfect quick summer lunch
- 150/200 g Whole grain spaghetti
- 2-3 tbsp Olive oil
- 4 1/2 cups (ca. 1L) Tomato sauce use the one from glas jars, with pieces, if you prefer so
- 2-3 cloves Garlic chopped. Or 1tsp garlic powder
- 2-3 tbsp Dried oregano to taste
- 4-5 tbsp heavy cream with 30% fat. To taste
- Salt & pepper to taste
Cook spaghetti half way through, for ca 5mins.
In a large pan, heat olive oil, add garlic. Let it simmer for a minute or two.
If you're using powdered garlic, you can skip this step, obviously 🙂
Add tomato sauce.
Add oregano and heavy cream.
Combine all and add spaghetti.
Let it simmer until spaghetti is cooked to your taste.
Optionally; top with parmesan cheese and parsley.