Summer is still here and we still need cold snacks, right?
Tahini honey bars are perfect for this!
You will need to keep them refrigerated and cold. They are freezer friendly too.
I’m obsessed with them, so easy, quick and delishhh!
Also, I eat them for breakfast.
I’m not a big breakfast person, so a piece or two of tahini honey bars is just what I need in the morning. And it pairs perfectly with coffee, which is a must if you ask me.
Tahini honey bars are perfect:
– Crunchy and creamy
Ingredients are pretty simple, and stuff you probably already have at home. Each of the ingredients plays a role in nourishing you and supporting your body, while being delicious.
If you want to make it a bit exotic, you can sub butter for coconut oil. Works great, but still needs to be refrigerated.
I tried both versions, multiple times and I can tell you guys – it’s a win.
Don’t get confused by oat flour – you can simply ground rolled oats yourself. You can ground almonds, oats and chia seeds together if needed.
WHY YOU SHOLD TRY IT:
– Tahini: healthy fats, B1, b6, magnanese, lignans (antioxidants), phosphorus
– Oats: Manganese, phosphorus, copper, iron, selenium, magnesium, zinc, vitamin B1, antioxidants, fiber, unsaturated fatty acids
– Butter: vitamins A, D, E, K, B12
– Almonds: healthy fats, vitamin E, folate, calcium, magnesium, potassium, manganese & phosphorus
– Honey: antioxidants, enzymes, vitamins & minerals.
TAHINI HONEY BARS
- 130 g (1 cup) oat flour
- 100 g (1/2 cup) ground almonds
- 1 tsbp chia seeds
- 4 tbsp butter
- salt pinch
- 2-3 tbsp honey
Tahini Honey Sauce
- 80 g (1/3 cup) butter
- 120 g (1/2 cup) tahini
- 100 g (4-5tbsp) honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 125 g (3/4 cup) dark chocolate, 70% cacao
- 1 tbsp butter
- sea salt
- crushed almonds/almond flakes
Preheat the oven at 180C/350F.
Line a small pan (ca. 20x20cm) with parchment paper.
Mix all the ingredients together to make a crumbly texture. Use your hands to press the mixture in the pan.
Bake for ca. 10 mins, when it's lightly golden, take it out. Let it cool down before adding tahini honey sauce.
Tahini Honey Sauce
On a low heat, melt butter.
Mix butter, tahini, honey, vanilla and salt, gently mix it all together.
Pour over the base. Let everything cool down for a while.
Melt chocolate and butter together.
Gently pour over the tahini honey sauce. Let it cool down.
Garnish with a bit of sea salt and crushed almonds or almond flakes.